When this happens, I try to take a few days to actively think about what I'm putting in my body to help flush out some of the toxins I've built up. Two bad habits I have currently are drinking alcohol too many times a week and having coffee everyday.
I'm nowhere near the point of having a problem with alcohol, but I know that even one glass of wine too many times a week can start to have bothersome effects on my body. I notice that I'm not as clear-headed, my moods tend to shift more easily and my menstrual cramps are much worse than when I'm not drinking.
The same kind of goes for coffee. Coffee and wine aren't the enemy here, so don't get me wrong. It's really the quantity that has caused the problem more so than the products themselves. I just started this "new way of drinking coffee," but as I was analyzing the effects of it this week I realized I didn't think I was getting many benefits - meaning it's time for a detox.
Here is my recipe for a 3 - Day Detox using aloe vera gel, water, supplements and nutritious foods. A few key things about my detox include:
- It's not about starving yourself. I would rather not be in constant hunger-mode during my detox. In fact, it's not necessary. There are nutritious, filling foods available that have detoxifying qualities.
- Use a mix of foods, drinks and exercise to flush out your body and reset your mind.
- Find the detox that works for you.
There are a lot of options out there that offer toxin flushes and complete detoxes. For me, it's been a long journey of finding out what works for my body and what I know I can stick to. Here is how to do my 3-Day Detox:
- Morning - wake up and drink 8 oz. of water.
- Breakfast - Drink 16 oz. herbal tea or green tea, drink 8 oz. of aloe vera gel and eat a piece of fruit (apples or berries are best), drink 8 oz. water, take Vitamin C.
- Mid-Day - Drink 8 oz. water.
- Lunch - Drink 8 oz. aloe vera gel, have a normal lunch of veggies and a protein with no carbs, drink 8 oz. water.
- Mid-Afternoon - Drink 16 oz. water with ARGI+ (This is an L-Arginine supplement that is great for cardiovascular and immune support.)
- Dinner - Drink 8 oz. water, have a normal dinner with veggies, protein and no carbs
- Before Bed - Drink another 8 oz. water
By the end of the day, you'll have had a little over 88 oz. of water and you should feel full and satisfied from both meals and all of the fluids. Continue this for three days. Avoid at all costs any foods or drinks that have sugar and/or caffeine. Don't miss the water! Water is the key to flushing your body out.
Exercise should stay at a moderate level. If you're getting enough calories in your snacks and meals, then be sure to do at least 30 minutes of cardio or higher intensity weight lifting. It's important you sweat to help with the flush.
If you've never tried aloe vera gel, I highly recommend you find a way to incorporate it not only into a daily routine, but into your detox. The taste is acquired. The results will have you addicted. Be sure to start out easy with the gel and work your way up to the full doses. Aloe vera gel can help with inflammation, aid in digestion and help you absorb more nutrients from your food.